Sunday 25 November 2007

1800-MUMDAD

There's a new service in Australia called 1800MUMDAD. What happens is, when a son or daughter run out of credit on their mobile phone, and are in a 'time of need', they can ring this free phone number and reverse the charges to their parents. The rates the parents are charged are apparently 50% cheaper than the standard reverse charge rates. However, this is still about $5 Australian Dollars for the first 60 seconds, which is charged to the parents phone bill.

Would it work in Ireland? Who knows? What I do know, is that the company are doing very well in Australia and it looks to me like a franchise you could roll out worldwide. Check out the site below.
http://www.1800mumdad.com.au

13 comments:

Unknown said...

hello there dear yes indeed mumdad is really good I've tried it... lines are clear and it's easy to connect well I've been in Northern Ireland and to my surprise mumdad worked there!!! wooohooo thanks to this service without mumdad... darn!! I'll be stuck there and never been picked up by my friend hahaha

Anonymous said...

i wanna work for this kinda thing! haha. kidding... but seriously, this thing rocks!

Unknown said...

hmm well me too lol ... but seriously ireland is a much safer and place to live because of this kind of service... I know I will be using it again in the very very very near future.. again thanks mumdad

Unknown said...

hhmm i want to try this service, its like collect call right?

Unknown said...

yeah it works like that ..what's good with the service is you can really use it in emergencies very very dependable I am one satisfied user indeed

Unknown said...

The service sounds promising..I've heard so much about it. Is it available in all parts of UK,like England and Scotland!!! I hope so, because my mom usually travel around UK. I want to use this service to call her when I run out of credit!

outback_chique said...

additional info on reverse calling and mumdad:

http://www.articlesbase.com/gadgets-and-gizmos-articles/all-about-reverse-call-charges-1189902.html

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for the info guys.. Just tried it yesterday.. Yeah! your right I now I a agree.. It's the best thing that I've tried so far in reverse call charges... lol.. cheers ;)

Anonymous said...

im a fan of the mumdad service too, count me in the list guys! ;)

Unknown said...

oh wow there are more and more and more satisfied users of mumdad huh

Anonymous said...

dont you know that we can also use this service to prank people? hihih

Anonymous said...

oh really and how will you do that? can you please tell me I'd love to know

Anonymous said...

hhhmm this service is quite interesting, can you tell me more about it?